Monday, September 04, 2017

Sunday Bolt Action at Good Games

We had two games at Good Games this Sunday.   Steve's new US Airborne took on some of John's Germans.  My Italians fought Matthew's Brits in a Manhunt Scenario.
This was the first time I'd fought the Manhunt Scenario having avoided it previously because it looked Mickey Mouse.  To win, the attacker has to capture the defender's highest ranking officer in an assault.  If they kill him with fire it is a draw.  We found that it makes an interesting game but as expected was not a particulary realistic scenario & can easily lead to cheezy tactics.  I realised that to win my Lt had to run away from the Brit infantry attacking the village & tried to clear a path of retreat with my armour past a bug & Piat team.  But the teflon Piat man survived 2 turns of point blank fire from an M14 & an AB42, then got 1st dice next turn & won the 1-on-1 assault on the Lt who had moved from the house to the stone wall (then missed his shot at the Piat man).  While I enjoyed the game, the exercise confirmed my opinion that this scenario is not a good one for a tournament.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My PIAT man needs a Victoria Cross after that battle!

boloboloblog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.